Clarify a Properties Ownership Completly Online
OPTION 1: Search By Address
Simply enter the address of any property above to order a land title search, all available plans associated with the property will also be shown in the results page.
OPTION 2: Search by Title Reference Number
Firstly, select the state of the search you’re after, then click the “Search By” button on the form above and change the search by to “Title Reference”. You can now enter the title reference number and confirm the order of your search.
What is a Title search?
A land title search is a current copy of the Certificate of Title which shows the current owner, the land description and any dealings associated.
The land register is the central aspect of the Torrens system and search facilities are provided by state and territory land titles registries. The Registrar records property ownership changes, mortgages, property transactions and new subdivisions and protects the security of property ownership through the State Government guarantee to title.
Property Registry has access to these land registries and gives you online access. Whether you are a property investor, real estate agent, conveyancer or solicitor. We offer title searches via email. Pay as you go or set up an account for regular or bulk searches.
A Land Title Search gives you:
- Current ownership details with full name
- Volume and folio or title reference number
- Survey plan number and type
- Encumbrances and notifications including mortgage
- Whether there is a caveat against the title
- List of any unregistered dealings
A Land Title is useful for:
- Checking current property ownership
- To see if there is a mortgage registered on title
- Home buyer and investor research
- Buying and selling any piece of real estate
- Planning applications
Property Deeds and Titles refer to two separate legal concepts.
All original Property deeds are archived at each states or territories land registry. Land registries now only issue an electronic copy of the certificate of title, also known as a land title search.
A Title is a legal way of saying you own a right to something. For real estate purposes, the title refers to ownership of the property, meaning that you have the rights to use that property.
3 Shocking Reasons To Have Your Homes Title
Who can search a title?
- Anyone who pays the prescribed fee can search a title for any property
What information do I need?
One of the pieces of information listed below
- The address of the property
- The owner’s full name
- The plan number or title reference number for the property
- Volume/folio number